CD & DVD ?

podlod 11:37 22 Oct 07

Hi there, I have a DVD multi recorder on my PC and it works ok when I place in my CD-RW 700mb disc to back up my photos, but when I place in a DVD-RW 4.7 gb disc to use, a panel comes up saying place in your disc, but the panel just does not light up for me to click on and use, could you please tell me where I am going wrong? Thanks for any help.

jack 12:03 22 Oct 07

I suspect there is a 'shortfall' in the 'burn software' that will not allow DVD RW but accepts CD RW- Which ever software it is check out for up grades or similar.

ambra4 12:04 22 Oct 07

This might work to get your drives working download and run

click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:51 22 Oct 07

XP will NOT write to a DVD but will write to a CD.

If you want to burn DVD discs you will need third party software like NERO or Burn4 free click here
Deepburner click here
CDBurnerXP click here

podlod 14:46 09 Nov 07

Hi again, sorry in coming back to your replies but have been away, I deleted Nero which I had on my PC because I could not copy anything on my CD`s or DVD`s I am now still complexed on what to do, all I want to do is copy certain info to a CD but unable to, H E L P !!!!!!!

podlod 15:27 09 Nov 07

Hi, I have tried 3 free sites to try burning info from my pc to a cd but it still cannot burn my info? obviously I am not performing something correct? please help, need to download important info!

podlod 15:59 09 Nov 07

Ok, I have re-installed Nero by a restore point, but when I tried to copy on my CD it said " buffer underrun protector activated, and uknown burn phase " any ideas please??

crosstrainer 16:08 09 Nov 07

Nero, and then follow the link above for xpburner pro. It's easy to use, free and has no bug's as Nero does.

jimv7 17:07 09 Nov 07

When you used nero, you did use the drop down box to change from a cd to a dvd.

Totally-braindead 17:11 09 Nov 07

Could you tell us 2 things. Firstly has the drive ever worked and secondly can you give us the make and model number of the drive.

podlod 15:30 11 Nov 07

Hi all, well I have downloaded a trial version of Nero to see if it was me, and low and behold it works for CD`s but I dont know if it works for DVD`s yet? so what I am going to do is download the advised xpburner pro and see if that works, I will come back to you and let you know, but still thanks for your help so far!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac