CD drives probs

i recently installed a software that it worked fine before.after i excute it ,it did not recognize my CD drives(both ROM+Rewriter).the amazing thing is after i uninstalled it,i can not see my CD drives in my system anymore.tried to reinstall them many times but didnt work.
plz help

LeadingMNMs 20:28 08 Dec 03

If you open up the BIOS on startup does it recognise either of the drives?

yes it does actually,but with an (*) next to it which i dont know what it means.
thanks leading
plz reply if you any ideas. cheers

Djohn 00:40 09 Dec 03

Which operating system are you using, 98se or XP?

win2k

Djohn 20:10 09 Dec 03

Thank you for your mail. Your most welcome to contact me direct and I will always try to help, but it's better to post back in the forum. This way many others with far more knowledge than myself will see what has already been tried and offer further suggestions.

Regards. j.

==============================================

my cd drives disappeared from my computer but i can still see them in my BIOS and from Device manager(with an exclamation mark in the last one),ive tried reinstalling and getting help from windows update but no luck!
i found out the prob is code 31 in device manager but didnt help either.

thank you

Djohn 20:23 09 Dec 03

click here I think this will be the correct answer from the details you give. j.

the link didnt work.could you send back
cheers

could anyone tell me how to back the Register,

LeadingMNMs 22:01 09 Dec 03

someone help

LeadingMNMs 22:04 09 Dec 03

Do you mean that the dirves do not appear in My Computer and Explorer or that you cannot use them with the new software.

If its Windows that cannot see the drives then try reinstalling or updating the drivers for the device. To get into the registry in XP you go to run and type 'regedit' - maybe someone knows if this is the same for win 2000.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…