cd drives have gone missing

lee lloyd 17:03 09 Mar 06

can anybody help both of my drives have gone missing and are not visible anymore in my computer or device manager.have downloaded xp boot diskes as a last resort but they fail and tell me no drives available.have checked all cables and ok

absent 17:13 09 Mar 06

Have you recently installed any new burning software?

strech 17:23 09 Mar 06

down load the drivers for your cd roms and istall

Stuartli 17:29 09 Mar 06

Optical drives use the basic Windows CDROM driver which is installed automatically when the drive(s) is/are installed and the system rebooted.

Their use, for instance, as a rewriter is controlled by a burning program such as Nero.

lee lloyd

Check if the drives are listed in Device Manager in Safe Mode - if they are then, despite your checks, a loose connection or connections is still the most likely cause.

Another possiblity is a damaged IDE cable.

lee lloyd 19:27 09 Mar 06

sorry guys the drives are not listed in device manager in safe mode,ive just reinstalled nero to see if that helped but just the same

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:33 09 Mar 06

Uninstall and reinstall secondary IDE controller in device manager.

lee lloyd 09:33 10 Mar 06

sorted it guys thanks for the help just unplugged the drives and reinstalled them and it sorted it itself

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…