CD Drivers need to be installed every time

Sylv 09:13 24 Jan 05

I have re-formatted a PC with Windows 2000. It works fine except I have to reinstall the CD drivers every time I want to use the CD. How can I sort this so that the drivers are installed and they stay installed?

Zaphod Beeblebrox 09:18 24 Jan 05

normally you wouldnt have to install drivers for a cdrom windows should have drivers for it but if you have installed drivers are they the correct ones for your operating system

ventanas 09:23 24 Jan 05

I don't understand what you mean, optical drives do not require any drivers. All that is necessary for them to work is built into Windows.

Sylv 09:25 24 Jan 05

I had no problems whatsoever installing Windows 2000 and other software. When I reboot the machine and go into My Computer, there is no D: drive showing, only C: and A: I have to go to the Add New Hardware to reinstall the drivers for the CD and then the drive letter appears.

Zaphod Beeblebrox 09:41 24 Jan 05

check your bios settings has the bios detected a cd drive

Sylv 09:48 24 Jan 05

When I installed Windows 2000 I reset the BIOS so that it looks for a CD first in the boot sequence

Sylv 12:02 01 Feb 05

Solved the problem - it turns out that the boot sequence has to be hard drive, floppy drive, cd drive. This is not the case in all the PCs I work with, but it seems to work in this case.
Thanks everyone for your help.

Sylv 12:02 01 Feb 05

Solved the problem - it turns out that the boot sequence has to be hard drive, floppy drive, cd drive. This is not the case in all the PCs I work with, but it seems to work in this case.
Thanks everyone for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…