CD drive will not open

jjb1953 13:36 26 Dec 08

I have a Medion Akoya P6612 which is fie but this morning I cannot open the CD drive. I have tried re-booting the machine and there is nothing in the cd drive. Has anyone any suggestions how I can open it.
Thank you

Technotiger 13:38 26 Dec 08

Yes, there is a small pin-hole in the front of the drive - straighten a paper-clip and push firmly into this hole, the tray will open.

This hole is there just for that purpose, as an emergency way of opening the tray.

jjb1953 13:39 26 Dec 08

I have tried the paper clip and that doesn't release either. Thanks

Technotiger 13:56 26 Dec 08

Some drives have more than one pin-hole on the front panel. I have never known this not to work.

Also, I see you have green-ticked as Resolved??

Technotiger 14:03 26 Dec 08

I did not realise that yours is a laptop (though the paper-clip should still work), however, have a look in Devices and see if there is a yellow exclamation marks against the CD drive.

chub_tor 14:05 26 Dec 08

In My Computer right click the drive and select Eject

karmgord 14:08 26 Dec 08

try pressing the eject button on the drive while 1st booting BEFORE operating system loads as some burning software "locks" the drive also you could check the drive is recognised by the BIOS if it is not shown could be a dead drive

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…