//some 3rd party need geo

cd drive spinning madly

willhay 08:50 26 Jan 03

Whenever i put a SVCD\vcd in to my cd/dvd drive windows tries to open it with media player. I stop it by closing the program, but the disc carries on spinning at full speed, and the read light stays on. The only way to stop it is to eject it, the HD drive light is also on constantly. As I type this it has just stopped after 3 minutes.
How do I just put a disc in and make windows just read it and then ignore it till I am ready to open it with the program I want to use

Gongoozler 09:09 26 Jan 03

Hi Willhay, in my system I have the Creative Disk Detector software (I presume it came with the sound card). This is accessed via the control panel, and under the "Advanced" button it has the option to set the time the cd will run before spinning down. Perhaps you have this facility or something like it.

VoG™ 09:39 26 Jan 03

If you hold down SHIFT whilst loading the disk it should not auto play.

steve0 10:02 26 Jan 03

Nero Drive Speed comes with Nero burning software. I always use this if I'm listening to music CD etc - you can set how fast you want the drive to be - it stops all the whirling

BRYNIT 10:25 26 Jan 03

If after preventing auto play the problem continues when accessing the disk it is either a faulty disk or a faulty player.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…