CD Drive not being fully recognised.

Daibus 11:30 04 Nov 05

I apologies if this has been covered at length before but if I put a blank CD into the Drive Windows still asks me to insert a CD or says that the Drive is not accessable which also means that I can`t explore a CD that does have data on it.

If I go into Roxio Easy CD Creator there seems to be no problem but would like this operation to function via Windows XP as well.

Many thanks for your help.

ACOLYTE 11:39 04 Nov 05

It would seem to me that roxio is the culprit,as it has taken control of the cd player,and when windows tries to access it you get the not accessible message because roxio is monopolising the drive,have you tried uninstalling roxio?

Daibus 11:52 04 Nov 05

Thanks you for your reply and I take onboard what you say but I can also access the CD Drives via Real Player or Winamp if I want to delete content on a CD/RW for example, so wouldn't that indicate the fault being in a Windows setting?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:13 04 Nov 05

No CD/DVD or CD-ROM access is missing error Code 31, Code 32, Code 19, Code 39, or Code 41
Try this if the optical drives are not appearing in My Computer or Device Manager. This is sometimes caused by Roxio software.

Run regedit and navigate to registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}.

Highlight it and in the right pane, find the Upperfilters and Lowerfilters values.
Highlight each one in turn, right click and delete them. Close regedit and restart the computer.

If in doubt make a restore point before making changes. click here

Daibus 18:17 04 Nov 05

Many thanks for your email but the CD/DVD Drives are appearing in My Computer and Device Manager but the problem is that when I have inserted a Disc into the Drive, Windows does not recognise this fact and says:- E:\ Not accessible - Incorrect Function.

For this reason I was a bit hesitant in carrying out your instructions. Further info would be much appreciated.

BurrWalnut 18:53 04 Nov 05

I assume you're using WinXP, if so try this :-

Download CDGONE from here click here Make a restore point first, unzip then run CDGONE then reinstall your burning software (if you have any).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…