CD drive keeps ejecting discs

Number six 19:46 19 Oct 04

My cd drive has recently developed a fault. When inserting a disc, which can be of any type, i.e. data, music, jpeg images, the "read" light flashes for a few seconds, then the disc is ejected. Sometimes I can fool the drive into accepting the disc by using EZCD Creator as if copying the disc. I have not recently installed any new soft or hardware, and all cables are secure. The fact that EZCD Creator sometimes works indicates that this is not a mechanical fault. Any ideas?

JIM 20:10 19 Oct 04

First try a uninstall of the cd drive from device manager then reboot and let windows reinstall.May be worth going into the safe mode and see if you have the same problem/reaction from the drive.

(also)Of the cuff suggestion.

"If" drive it's fairly old? you could try holding in the tray with light pressure after inserting the cd.(it did work for me,but dont ask me "Why" :)

Not saying it will cure the problem for sure.Had simlar problems way back with ejecting, mind you ) that was due to my knee cap hitting the disk holder and knocking the tray of the rails.Expensive mistake in those days.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…