CD-DRIVE INSTALLATION

SolvaWorld 20:24 18 Apr 04

Hiya

My system is a Dell Optiplex G1 P2 Running Windows NT 4.O

I have two computers both exactly the same but one is upgraded one isnt. Im trying to upgrade the second one using components from the first one. However the second computer isnt recognising the CD-Drive Im trying to install. I have plugged it into the secondary IDE slot, Set the jumper to Master as its the only device using the secondary slot. And its just not working. It has power but the system just wont recognise it. I go to My Computer and it doesnt list the drive at all. The CD-Drive doest have a driver as it can be auto detected by windows as soon as its plugged in.

Im really stuck any ideas.

Thanks In Advance Folks

TommyRed 21:48 18 Apr 04

^

Totally-braindead 21:51 18 Apr 04

Have you tried replacing the IDE cable or even checking for loose connections. If the OS doesn't see the drive then its probably not connected properly.

sicknote 21:55 18 Apr 04

I Think you have to go into the bios and set it to see the drive.

sicknote 22:15 18 Apr 04

I see you have resolved your problem.maybe you could let us know how/what you did.

TKs

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…