CD Drive has been removed - help!

jacq1 16:56 22 Jan 06

Since installing my ipod to my pc my cd drive is unavailable - no idea why/how and have no idea how to get it back (Dont know if the ipod installation is a co-incidence). The error message I am getting is Code 41! How can I reinstal??? Please help.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:03 22 Jan 06

No CD/DVD or CD-ROM access is missing error Code 31, Code 32, Code 19, Code 39, or Code 41
Try this if the optical drives are not appearing in My Computer or Device Manager. This is sometimes caused by the removal of Roxio software. Run regedit and navigate to registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}. Highlight it and in the right pane, find the Upperfilters and Lowerfilters values. Highlight each one in turn, right click and delete them. Close regedit and restart the computer. If in doubt make a restore point before making changes. click here

jacq1 17:16 22 Jan 06

Sorry, what you've said it not entirely clear - can you explain to someone who clearly isn't as computer literate as yourself??? thanks

VoG II 17:22 22 Jan 06

Have you tried running the 'click here'that Fruit Bat /\0/\ posted?

woodchip 17:30 22 Jan 06

Looks like a file or files been changed. ether run from run box for win98 with win98 cd in comp SFC and just press enter. For XP in Run box SFC /SCANNOW

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac