Cd Drive Hangs during Nero burning

aca 15:01 06 Oct 04

Tried everything. Disabled XP burning. Burning process starts but after 6% stops. Tried cleaning lens, tried different Cd-Rs, tried different speeds, drive wasn't being recognised as CD-R/RW drive by XP but changed this, reads disks ok, tried unistalling.

Other drive works fine

any suggestions gratefully received

JonnyTub 15:07 06 Oct 04

uninstall the ide channel the drive sits on and reboot.

Sethhaniel 15:11 06 Oct 04

I had to upgrade my copy of Nero as it came up with incompatable with this operating system when I tried to run it - see my post in SP2 forum for version numbers

JonnyTub 15:13 06 Oct 04

I ignored the warning nero came up with when i installed sp2, no problems since.

JonnyTub 15:14 06 Oct 04

sorry:

i should've added that it's a good possibility though

PA28 15:18 06 Oct 04

Try going into your CD drive controller (IDE/ATAPI controllers, IDE 2 normally) in Device Manager and altering the read/write to PIO. Remember what it was set at originally in case you need to go back. You could also make sure that you have the latest firmware for your drive downloaded and installed.

JonnyTub 15:20 06 Oct 04

Would "DMA if available" not be a better option??

seeing as it would revert to pio if it wasn't.?

aca 13:43 07 Oct 04

Unistalled Ide Channel, no joy

aca 18:56 07 Oct 04

I have swapped round cables and fault is not repeated on other drive so not fault with cable

Thought now is that may be drive that is knackered although haven't used it a great deal

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…