CD Drive Drivers Missing again

It's Me 11:43 16 Jan 03
  It's Me 11:43 16 Jan 03

Sorry. The replies to last evening query didn't get me too far.
To clear up a few questions. This CD drive is fitted in place of the old CD Rom. It is the master on the same ribbon as the Iomega Zip drive is the slave.
The Motherboard is an Asus A7V133.
This new CD drive refuses to play any CD and I get the message Setup has caused an error in Setup.exe
Setup will now close
Try restarting computer.
Restarting does no good.
Clearly something bad is wrong, but what.

DieSse 12:36 16 Jan 03

Personally I think the Zip drive is the culprit. I have found that mixing other drives in with IDE Zip drives is a very hit and miss affair.

Try it without the Zip connected. You may have to juggle all the drives around to find a combination that works.

It's Me 19:29 16 Jan 03

After much fiddling about I found where the CD drive was listed. The driver was apparently installed OK. BUT it still didn't work.
The Zip Drive which was its slave did not have the DMA checked, so I checked it only to have windows remove it automatically. So I unchecked DMA on the CD drive = = = everyone tells you to make sure it is checked - - - Voila; everything works fine now. Daft I call it and it's taken me 24 hours of pain to sort it out with a bit of incidentle help from here.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…