CD Drive Drivers missing

It's Me 21:46 15 Jan 03
  It's Me 21:46 15 Jan 03

New Asus CRW-5224A Installed, but despite Asus saying that Windows would find the driver, it couldn't.The PCI mass Controller in Devise Management has a yellow? and reports no drivers installed. Trying to reinstal, update or removing for a new instal (Including letting Windows search the ME CD) does not improve things. The Asus Wb site has no drivers on it. I assume that the driver is on the ME CD somewhere, perhaps if I knew I could direct my silly machine to it.
Please help.

BRYNIT 22:23 15 Jan 03

Have you put this on the same ribbon as the CD Rom if so have you made it the slave drive.

WaTcHiNg 22:40 15 Jan 03

The PCI Mass Controller sounds more ilke the HDD controller or a RAID controller rather than the CDRW itself. Have you installed all the drivers for the motherboard?

What board is it?

User-312386 22:46 15 Jan 03

no driver needed as the others say how did you connect it?

did you connect it on same ribbon(IDE1) as hard drive?

is it on a seperate ribbon(IDE2)?

MikeJ101 22:48 15 Jan 03

Windows does not require drivers as such.
Can you see the device listed by clicking Start/Settings/Control Panel/System/Device Manager ?

User-312386 22:51 15 Jan 03

as It's Me has said there is an exclamtion mark there, this means that windows cannot detect the type of drive or the set up

BigMoFoT 23:02 15 Jan 03

PCI Device? That to me does not suggest cd or HDD

What OS?

User-312386 23:07 15 Jan 03

i have a feeling that the CD-RW is set to master on IDE1

MikeJ101 23:20 15 Jan 03

I'm not refering to the item with the exclamation mark. Do you have any CD devices listed at all under the heading of CDROMS ?

Stuartli 23:20 15 Jan 03

CD/DVD-ROM drives and rewriters only need the basic Windows drivers.

If you put the two drives on the Secondary IDE channel set the rewriter to Master, the CD-ROM to Slave, enable DMA for both and (if you use Nero) uncheck Auto Insert Notification as Nero controls its operation.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…