CD drive and CD/DV Drives not working properly

Veitcy 15:11 11 Jul 06

I had to reformat my hard drive and re-install windows home xp. Now I fnd that my installed CD writer is not recognised when a blank cd is inserted and my external cd/dv writer is in the same stuation. I disconected the external and re connected but now it is showing an extra drive?
I have gone through the obvious checks and see they are rcognised in all sections and ticked as enabled and no conflicts showing.
I have tried reinstalling drivers but get message you have latest available!
Any one any ideas.
If I delete the drives will they automaticaly reinstall?

Stuartli 15:21 11 Jul 06

Both drives only need the basic Windows CDROM driver - normally Uninstalling in Device Manager and rebooting cures this problem.

Also check that the leads and power connections are correctly and firmly fitted.

You will also have to make one drive (the main one) the Master and the second the Slave.

Diversion 15:21 11 Jul 06

Have you installed the motherboard disc for all the drivers. Although saying that the XP disc installs the CD Rom drivers along with the mouse. Try uninstalling the drives then restart your PC and they should re-install on start up.

Veitcy 17:36 12 Jul 06

Thanks for tips but having deleted the drivers and letting Windows re install them I am still in same position ie I can play disks but when I put in blank disks and try to open to copy to the disk I get the message "Please insert a disk"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5