ski2004 22:37 28 May 04

I know how to select the cd drive to boot up from the setup menu at the start but my computer dont seem to boot from that drive ive tried a million times but it aint doin it, all i`m trying to do is install windows xp onto a new hard drive. thank you.

woodchip 22:42 28 May 04

Is it a newish comp and a full XP CD

ski2004 22:44 28 May 04

yeah and yeah

woodchip 22:44 28 May 04

Have you been into the BIOS to set the settings for boot prefs? it should be Floppy,CD,HD and save the settings

ski2004 22:51 28 May 04

yeah i`ve done that too

woodchip 22:58 28 May 04

Then it's got me unless it cannot read the disc try copying the disc onto a cdr blank in NERO, as some drives find certain CD's hard to read, No idea why but the above as worked for me on the occasions that I have had the need

VoG II 23:00 28 May 04

Have you formatted the new HDD?

splork 23:17 28 May 04

did you make sure the bios is aware of the new HD and the CD drive? also, watch the screen as you boot it (you musta done this already, but its best to start at the beginning eh), you have to `press a key to boot from cd` with xp

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…