Cd Drive

miss-mcnaughton 19:33 18 Apr 08

I've Had My Computer For 3 Years Now.
It's A Windows XP

Recently It Crashed and A Friend Of Mine Got It Back Up and Running and Added A New Harddrive As I Had Overloaded Mine With To Many Photos.
I Sorted The Photo Problem But Ever Since This New Harddrive Has Been Added My CD Drive Has Been Playing Up.

and Now It Doesnt Work At All.
It Will Not Read CD's, Burn CDs. The CD Drive Cannot Be Found At All.
So A Man In PCWorld Adviced Me To Buy A New One. So I Did.(Hoping He Would No What's Best) and This Does Not Work Either.

I Don't Want To Pay Lots Of Money To Get It Fixed Unless I Really Really Have To.
Help Anyone??

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:40 18 Apr 08

No CD/DVD or CD-ROM access is missing error Code 19, Code 31, Code 32, Code 39, or Code 41
Try this if the optical drives are not appearing in My Computer or Device Manager.
(This is sometimes caused by the removal of Roxio or other writing software.)
click here
Download XP_CD-DVD-Fix.zip and save this file to your hard drive. Navigate to where you saved it and double click the file to extract the contents. Locate the EXE file you extracted and double click it. A confirmation dialog will appear when the script is done. You may need to reboot for the change to take effect.
This utility is only intended for Windows® XP, but also appears to work for Vista.
You may need Administrator level access to use this utility. If you do not have Administrator level access, the program will say it is finished, but will not have made any changes.

or
Run regedit and navigate to registry key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\ {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}.
Highlight it and in the right pane, find the Upperfilters and Lowerfilters values.
Highlight each one in turn, right click and delete them.
Close regedit and restart the computer.
If in doubt make a restore point before making changes.

jack 19:55 18 Apr 08

It is also possible that when the new harddrive was added the cables for the Player was disturbed
There are three the main one is a flat grey data cable connecting drive to mother board and a smaller white connector with black red yellow wire plus the audio cable on the far side of the drive

Do make sure all are fully pushed home.

miss-mcnaughton 20:43 18 Apr 08

May I Ask What The Upperfilters and Lowerfilters Are?

and Do I Delete Everything In The Right Hand Screen?

Bit Scared About Doing That As I Don't Wanna Mess Anything Up.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:01 18 Apr 08

Bit Scared About Doing That As I Don't Wanna Mess Anything Up.

and quite right too.

run the fix click here
as described above it should delete the filters for you.

miss-mcnaughton 15:08 21 Apr 08

Ok None Of These Solutions Have Worked.

Everythings Plugged In.
I Ran Regedit and The XP_CD-DVD-Fix.zip File.

Any Other Help?!

Strawballs 15:26 21 Apr 08

For a start I can't see how you could overload hard drive with too many photo's all that would have happened would be a message of not enough space.

It could be that you CD Drive has given up and is just a coincident and that you need a new one if you have tried everything else.

skidzy 17:27 21 Apr 08

Have you ran the regedit advice given by Fruit Bat /\0/\ ? this may well have to be done.

Have you loaded any other burning software such as Nero etc ?

You can backup the registry before editing this click here method 2

Also run the DMA reset tool,this make sure your cd drive is set to DMA over PIO click here

If all these fixes fail you,i think you will need to look at the connections !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…