CD discs not recognised

rawprawn 07:58 06 Jun 04

Yesterday I bought a Serif USB Flash Drive & connected it to my computer,It worked OK the first time but later in the day I connected again & it Crashed the comp. I tried it about 4 times each time with the same result. Now I find that my CD won't recognise discs. The autorun starts but when I ask it to show the folder it saye "Please insert disc in drive E" if I press OK it just goes back to the desktop. Any help much appreciated. My OS is Win XP & the device manager says it's working OK.

Diodorus Siculus 08:03 06 Jun 04

Have you tried to remove it via the device manager? Doing so will reload the drivers when windows reboots and it may sort out your problems.

bremner 08:05 06 Jun 04

I would at first try do a System Restore back before you installed the USB thumb drive and see if that cures the problem.

Otherwise uninstall the CD Drive in Device Manager and then reboot the machine and let Windows detect and install the drivers.

rawprawn 08:16 06 Jun 04

Thanks for the responses, System restore didn't work, I will try to uninstall in the device manager.

rawprawn 08:35 06 Jun 04

Many thanks to you both, all is now well problem solved

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…