CD disc-CD-R 'full' after one track download

Redlegs 15:55 14 Feb 05

New at ""burning"" music CDs and cannot find way to prevent CD being declared ""Full"" or similar message after only one track has been recorded, meaning I can't add any more to it.Using ""CD-R"" discs of course(giveaway to friends) ,not ""CD-RW"" Using both/either "Nero" or Windows "Media Player" -- I'm told it has something to do with "finalisation" of the disc, and the SP2 of Win. XP addresses this situation
Grateful for any tips ,Redlegs

wobblymike 16:19 14 Feb 05

When you elect to burn your compilation to CDR you must tell Nero that you want to burn multi sessions - if you have it selected to finalise then you will be unable to burn a second time regardless of whether you burn 1MB or 699MB. Post back if you want chapter and verse how to do this

low flyer 16:27 14 Feb 05

In the `Final Burn Settings` panel of Nero when you are about to burn the disc, make sure that the box IS ticked next to `allow files to be added later (multisession disc`. It is ok for Data Files including mp3s but I don't think that this is possible when burning a normal music disc to be played on a normal CD player as they are usually finalised..

Redlegs 14:19 15 Feb 05

Hi there 'Wobblymike' , thanks for your , and 'low flyer's' prompt reply. Took your advice on board and when I got to the screen for "Final Burn Settings", I could not access the box 'Allow files to be added later'(it was showing as unticked) as it was not highlighted as an available option , and conversely , the box for 'Finalize Disc' was ticked, but unavailable to be amended. (both boxes were in 'fadeout mode' like unactive commands on 'dropdowns'--Not sure what that occurence is known as. therefore I may need leading by the hand, --- if you care to!! or are music CDs a NoNO !!! ( by the way , Adelaide , South Aust calling !!)

FelixTCat 14:29 15 Feb 05

When you open Nero with the New Compilation window you are given the options to start or continue a multisession disk, or no multisession.

The first time you write to a disk, use Start Multisession; subsequently use Continue Multisession on that same disk.

Note that each time you reopen a multisession disk it will use about 10 MByte of space to join the sessions.

DrScott 14:29 15 Feb 05

Try it again, but make sure it's a new cd-r, i.e. blank, before setting it as multi-session.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos