CD Copyright Protection

Hi

Is the a program that removes the above so i can copy the cd to MP3 so then i can use it in my MP3 player i own this cd and wish it to be added to my player there is a player built in to the cd but want let me do anything else but play it

thanks in advance

€dstowe 08:28 29 Dec 05

Despite what others might say on this subject, copy protection is there for a reason - to prevent you copying a disk.

It is a policy of this forum not to encourage illegal activity.

SG Atlantis® 08:30 29 Dec 05

Can you rip via windows mediaplayer?

Note to edstowe

I own the cd so i can do wot i like with it in reason i am basically only wanting to back it up to my MP3 instead of wasting a cd-r thanks for your input though

Issue resolved son's sonic stage would not copy it to mp3 but i used music match which worked thanks anyway guys

Forum Editor 11:00 29 Dec 05

is the plastic that the CD is made of - you certainly do not 'own' the music on it. You bought a license to play that copy of the music as many times as you like, for your own enjoyment, and that's all. You can't do what you like with it.

Having said that, nobody is going to clap you in irons if you convert the tracks to MP3 format - as long as you don't pass the files on to anyone else.

€dstowe 11:06 29 Dec 05

I often wonder what people think copy protection is there for.

One thing is certain, it is not there to provide an exercise for people to over-ride it.

The fact that copy protection systems don't work and can be easily overcome by just about anyone isn't the point.

Echo1 12:30 29 Dec 05

My daughter had a CD for Christmas and wanted to burn it to the PC so it could be played on that and also to put it on her new MP3 player. Tried copying it and the bugger wont thanks to that stupid protection system.

I understand what it's there for but if the UK is going to continue down this route I'll have to import all our CDs from elsewhere without it.

john63 12:50 29 Dec 05

Copy protection is not there to prevent people from ripping their music from CDs, just to prevent them from copying the CD itself.

We should (but legally are not) be able to convert content which we have bought into any format we choose. We shouldn't have to buy it twice.

(For an example of where people have to pay twice for exactly the same thing, see Sony UMD movies)

€dstowe 12:55 29 Dec 05

Copy protection is to prevent you copying - that's all there is to it. There are not selective copy protection systems.

As I said above, though, none of the systems work and it is easy, with a little thought, to over-ride all currently used systems.

rsinbad 13:13 29 Dec 05

Is the software we bought for converting music files illegal?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac