CD Compilation problems

El Mattador 13:20 19 Sep 03

Ive got Nero 5.5 with my Cd-RW, but have never been able to make compilations of other cds with it. I think this is because Mindows ME, or whatever does it, saves files from cds onto my HDD as wav files, and i need mp3 files for burning. Is there any way i can gat around this problem without having to spend money on a coverter of some sort? Can i get a wav - mp3 converter online?

hugh-265156 13:27 19 Sep 03

have not tried it myself click here just one of many listed by google

leo49 13:36 19 Sep 03

Are you attempting to make audio compilations? - ie CDs you can play in your domestic hifi.

canard 13:44 19 Sep 03

click here will rip trsacks and convert rto MP3 or click here will convert WAV files to MP3. Both are easy to use.
But you can just put your selection onto a CD as WAV files which would sound better.

ton 15:57 19 Sep 03

Nero will make mp3 files. You have to burn the compilation as DATA. It sounds as if you are telling Nero to make an audio CD, that is why you are getting large wave files. Use the wizard and choose 'data'.

Octoz 16:16 19 Sep 03

The best integrated ripper that I found is <cdex.com> will convert files and rip tracks (free)

Ton is right in that an MP3 CD is in fact a data not audio disk.

El Mattador 13:16 21 Sep 03

well i do want the cds to play on a regular hi-fi - will that still work if i burn the compilation as data?

the theing is that wen i save songs from cd in mindows media player they are saved as wav files, and i cant change how they are saved. if i could it would be a lot easier.

leo49 13:21 21 Sep 03

When you burn using Nero, tracks are burnt as .wav files - it's just that if songs are in MP3 format Nero converts them unbeknown to you from MP3 to .wav prior to burning.

To play in a domestic Hifi, burn an AUDIO CD from the .wav files.

Fill some knowledge gaps here:

click here

If you've got plenty of space on your HD, then ripping as wav files won't be a problem if your just keeping them for a short while to make your compilation CD.

However, if you plan to keep them on your HD it makes sense to rip them to MP3, and as mentioned already, CDEX is good & simple to use for this, click here

Whatever method you use, Nero will be able to burn an Audio CD which will then play on your HiFi or car player etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…