CD burning with XP problem

magnus35 13:57 16 Apr 07

Windows XP SP2

Up till now I have managed to save photos on CD , although it never seemed to work as it should -

when right clicking a file and selecting Send To , the CD drive (D) was never included in the list of options. I got round this by copying or moving the files to drive D .

Clicking on 'burn these files to CD' only resulted in a beep sounding but nothing further would happen . I would then eject the blank CD and a box would appear indicating that there was no disc in the drive . By closing the drawer again , with the disc in it , and selecting the burn option , the desired action would be carried out .

Today , nothing happens . I can copy the files to the D drive but am unable to get the burn process to continue . I tried both restarting and shutting down the PC . Each time a baloon appears indicating that there are files waiting to be written to the CD , but it still won't carry out the burning process .

Any helpful suggestions or comments would be most welcome .

GroupFC 14:14 16 Apr 07

I can't particularly help with this problem. However I think Xp's In built CD writing programme is next to useless! (in fact on my home machine it is useless as I have never been able to get it to work!).

I use DeepBurner Free 1.8 from click here which has been recommended by many on these pages and can't fault it!

MAJ 14:16 16 Apr 07

Try CDBurnerXP, click here it's free.

MAJ 14:20 16 Apr 07

It's possible that the CDRecording option has been de-activated. To re-enable it, right-click on your writer's icon in My Computer, choose Properties then click the Recording tab. Make sure the "Enable CD Recording on this Drive" option is ticked, click Apply and OK to exit.

magnus35 21:04 16 Apr 07

Thanks for the replies .

'Enable CD Recording on this Drive' is ticked .

I'll use another facility meantime , but would still like to know what has gone wrong .

magnus35 21:04 16 Apr 07

Thanks for the replies .

'Enable CD Recording on this Drive' is ticked .

I'll use another facility meantime , but would still like to know what has gone wrong .

moorie- 21:08 16 Apr 07

type into run
services.msc

and look at services,check to see if imapi cd burning com services is running,if you click on the service the dialogue box to the left will tell you what the service does

moorie- 21:11 16 Apr 07

see also
click here

magnus35 16:50 17 Apr 07

Thanks again .

imapi cd shows start up as manual . Should I click on start in the left of the descriptor box - will this mean it will start at boot up ?

moorie- 17:09 17 Apr 07

manual should be ok,however in the black viper link
it states if still having problems recording change to automatic
i dont think it needs to be started as it should start as and when needed.

ps
the other apps linked are so much better

magnus35 17:28 17 Apr 07

Changing to automatic didn't make any difference .

I'm afraid that this will have to remain a mystery .

Thanks again for all your help .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…