cd burning on xp home

taz39 02:12 07 Jan 03
  taz39 02:12 07 Jan 03

can anyone help me, i have just got a cd re-writer installed but when i goto burn a cd it wont work.
i have got all my pics onto a cd, but i cannot get music onto one.
i have tried doing it through nero, real one and windows media player, the best i have got is 16 seconds of 1 song through the windows media player.
it starts ok, then i get a message saying that it has incountered a problem.
i have wasted at least 8 c.d's trying to get it working.
i am on xp home, ie6 and all drivers and plug-ins are up to date.
thanks in advance for any help i get.

wawadave 04:10 07 Jan 03

hello
i use nero in xp home. i set it to default or simaler setting when i instald it.
to save makeing coasters set burning program to do test and burn. it dont try to burn if failing the test. try setting burner to a lower burning speed and go down from there.
set neros cache to max and read ahead to max.
hope this helps.
ive burnd over 700 cd,s my burner is geting old but works fine sony 8x4x40x
have a nice day

dez fowler 04:11 07 Jan 03

1. Are you sure the writer was installed correctly?
2. What CD writing software was supplied with the writer?
If it was Nero you should be using that rather than real or the built in XP writer.

Make sure you select audio cd in nero if you want it to play in a normal audio cd player.

Getharry 07:22 07 Jan 03

Have you tried a different brand of cdr as some recorders have trouble with some brands.

€dstow 07:27 07 Jan 03

Following on from the last respondent, you can get mixed packs of CDRs from click here to do exactly what he suggests - try different brands.

It is a common problem with certain CD writers being incompatible with certain brands of disk.

€d

taz39 14:18 10 Jan 04

thanx all, everything is working now
i downloaded a patch for cd burner and everything is ok now

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…