//some 3rd party need geo

cd burning on windows XP

Mobil 15:08 25 Jul 03

I am having a problem using Roxio's Easy CD Creator on a laptop that has Windows XP installed.
There seems to be some sort of clash between the two cd burning systems.
How do I disconnect the XP cd burning software so that I can just use Easy CD Creator??????????????

Vic Webb

denchris 16:24 25 Jul 03

I have used easy cd for years, but having recently upgraded to Win XP I found I could no longer use it without much hassell,so I switched to NERO 5.5 with no problems at all....

Jester2K II 16:38 25 Jul 03

Been using EasyCD in XP for ages no problems.

You can disconnect the XP Burning software by right clicking the CDRW in Windows Explorer and selecting Properties and then the Recording Tab.

Uncheck "Enable CD Recording On this Drive"

Maybe we can help fix the clash.

What version of Easy CD? Needs to be 5 or above in XP.

What clashes / problems are you getting??

Jester2K II 08:16 30 Jul 03

I am using version 5.
Unchecking stops the click and drag capability.
I want to use the click and drag on Easy CD creator and not the XP version. Help!

You want to stop XP CD Burning?

Exactly as i said above.

rainwarrior 11:50 30 Jul 03

I dont know if this helps but a m8 uses version 6 and he had more probs with it than v5 but there is quite a few update patches from roxio you need to make it more stable, these can only be got ive been told if u registerd your version with roxio, that seems to have cured things for my m8

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…