CD Burning stopped!

livewire 15:51 27 Jul 05

Just when I really really really want to burn a Disc my drive suddenly stops working. Damn typical! I am really desperate to get this disc burned today or I'm in trouble....

The stupid Mat*!@:a UJDA 750 drive in my laptop wont accept any blank CD-R or RW disc from any brand. All th disc does is Spin, make some odd noises, Spin down and never spin up again. Windows Media, Nero and Pinnacle report there is no CD in the drive.

Of course normal CD's play fine, DVDS and audio discs play perfectly. I have even tried cleaning the drive with a DVD lens cleaner cd. The cleaning completes but it still wont recognise CD-rs.

Gah!! I am so stressed at the moment! Everything seems to be going wrong!! Grrrrr!

I'm going to phone Evesham and moan at them endlessly for the seriously crap laptop they have produced for me. Cant do anything!!

Please Please Please if anyone has an ideas please share!

EARLR 17:49 27 Jul 05

Does it work using cd+r,rs's

livewire 18:32 27 Jul 05

Phew.. I think Ive calmed down now....

I gave Evesham a call and the person I spoke to was very nice and has given me an RMA for the laptop to go in for repair. He said that because the drive could not read CD-r's or RW's the frequency on the laser has become faulty (thus, explaining why some types of media could not be read.)

Evesham support are fab- great service, the guy was really understanding!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…