CD Burning Software

spikey9 12:17 26 Dec 03

I've just bought a new laptop, which has Drag 'n Drop software bundled with it, which I don't like. Previously I used and was happy with Roxios' Easy CD Creater 5 Platinum. This is apparently incompatible with XP Home. The updated version 6 has had horrendous reviews with many problems. Can anyone recommend any suitable software.

Thanks

AubreyS 12:26 26 Dec 03

Hi SpikeyP.

I've been using Easy CD Creater 6 since it became available with no problems at all. I'm very happy with it. I know people who use Nero and they find that good too.

phoenix198 12:26 26 Dec 03

You might like to try Nero Burning ROM, very highly rated and user friendly. The link here click here gives choice of version 5.5 or version 6.0 - the former is perfectly adequate for most people's needs although the version 6.0 suite has all the 'bells and whistles'.

spikey9 13:02 26 Dec 03

Thanks for that AubreyS and phoenix198, does the new version of Easy cd or Nero have a facility the same as Direct cd on Easy cd 5 to use the cd as a floppy? i.e. drag and drop. I heard there was problems with it in version 6. The forum at Roxio shows a lot of unhappy customers. Not sure if Nero offers the same type of thing.
Thanks again

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 13:05 26 Dec 03

I have version 6 nero and its the doggy dangly bits for me does and lets you do a lot more than version 5 did well i my opinion anyway,and you can do drag an drop dvd's anything really jsut a matter of patience on how to do it lol.

Regards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…