CD Burning queries

corc2 20:04 29 Oct 03

System:AMD Athlon1800
Win98SE
LG 16X DVD-ROM (master on IDE2)
Sony 52x24x52x CDR (slave on IDE2)
SB Live
Nero Express & NTI Deluxe Burning software

Yesterday I tried to copy an audio cd and when I played it back there were clicks at random throughout the audio. This is the first time this has happened. When I played the original on the DVD drive the clicks were there again. I presumed this was the drive at fault and today bought the one listed above. I've tried again and the clicks appear again. However when I play the original through the CDR there is no clicking. I used Wavelab to extract one track (that had clicks in the copy) from the original disc using the DVD drive and it played perfectly.
So I am confused.
1 - Is the set-up wrong?
2 - Is the cable at fault
3 - I'm out of ideas now.
Secondly, I've just installed 1 x 512MB 2100 DDR memory stick. In the bios set-up I can't select 266mhz for memory only 133mhz. Do I need to upgrade bios? If so, it sounds scary. Easiest way to do it? Mobo - Elitegroup K7S5A
Many thanks in advance

A_World_Maker 20:53 29 Oct 03

I have heard that some copyright protection on audio Cd's do this, they wont stop you from copying, but make it unbearable to listen to!

critic-al 21:17 29 Oct 03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…