CD burning problems

gt10 19:53 04 Jan 04

Having problems in burning pictures to CDs, only lets you view last pictures, and cannot see previous images. Also CD is unable to be read outside of CD burner. The same is for images that I have scanned and saved to CD. Can create music CDs no problem.
Software:- Kodak easyshare, Roxio Easy CD Creator 5, MGI Photo Suite 4,

siouxah1 21:06 04 Jan 04

What file type are you burning your pictures in? ie jpg/tiff etc.

Are you using CDR or CDRW?

When you say that the disc cannot be read outside of CD burner - are you referring to a standalone DVD to TV?

Are you trying to burn a slideshow or just a data disc?

Regards Brian j

TOMMO01 21:26 04 Jan 04

Hi. I think the problem is that you are creating a multisession disk,

Basically it is one of the options you are given when writting the disk. Basically the writing program closes the previous session of recording, but leaves the disk writable for another writing session. What you have to do is IMPORT the previous setting prior to writing the new session - otherwise previous sessions are lot. I think EZCD comes with session selector so that might be of help. Generally I burn my disks either as left open or Finalized, (CLOSED. Unfortuantly the previous sessions might be lost.

I think this might help - but I do not have the program installed, but have used it in the past.

Click Start, point to Programs, point to Roxio Easy CD Creator 5, point to Applications, and then select Session Selector

If you want more reading up and help, try typing "session selector" into the google search bar.

Good luck and I hope it helps.

dave-jens 21:53 04 Jan 04

When you burn a CD are you closing it?
If you leave it open to record more files it will not work on another cd rom. Make sure the CD is "closed" after burning.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…