CD burning errors

hmanramsey 15:36 29 Dec 06

I am having problems burning CD's onto disc. They play fine through the cd drive but jump when burned on to cd. Its a new pc with a NEC DVD RW ND4671A drive. It seems to default to a 8x write speed and ive read this may be too fast. I've burned a movie on to the same drive and it played fine.
I've already set the default on the pc write speed to 2X but Nero seems to override this.

postie24 16:38 29 Dec 06

Are the ones your trying got copy protection on them?

hmanramsey 16:41 29 Dec 06

Hi Postie 24
How can you tell if they have copy protection? They play perfectly well from the pc c drive.

postie24 16:57 29 Dec 06

They will play ok if they have protection,its just when you try to copy them.Does nero say that the disc is copy protected?

postie24 17:07 29 Dec 06

Sorry just noticed you burned it to your hard drive and it played fine.Most likely to be a media fault.Try different make disc,or depending what your using try cdr- instead or cdr+

hmanramsey 17:17 29 Dec 06

I've tried a few different discs from various manufacturers with no joy. I'm beginning to think that theres a problem with the drive.I may contact the manufacturer as its still under warranty.
Thanks anyway

postie24 18:25 29 Dec 06

Just a thought,have you uninstalled any burning software prior to the fault. Have you got any exclamation marks against the drive in device manager?

hmanramsey 15:09 30 Dec 06

There aree no exclamation marks against the drive in the device manager. I'm going to buy another disc and ill make sure that its the cdr- type

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now