CD Burning Error Message

gobi 11:52 04 Apr 03

I am using Easy CD Creator 5 on my XP Pro Laptop and I kept getting these error messages when I tried to bacup my file to CDRW.
Compatibility Warning. One or more paths in this CD project has exceeded the maximum length allowed by the current file system. You may continue to burn this CD, but the files in these paths may not be readable.
AND
The following file must be renamed to be compatible with the naming conventions of your CD file system.
AND
The directory '___.pfm'exceeds the maximum depth of directories.
Any idea how to avoid these?

Paranoid Android 13:29 04 Apr 03

There is a maximum limit to the length of filenames that can be burned to CD. If you reduce the length of file names and folder names this problem will go away.

Marvin.

leo49 13:34 04 Apr 03

And the second query is equally simple to fix - reduce the number of subfolders within subfolders within subfolders etc - the usual max is about 7-8 subfolder depth levels.

Regards

gobi 14:43 04 Apr 03

But, most of the files it asked me to rename are files that I don't even know what is it. eg
C:DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\All Users\Application DAta\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys\c2319c42033a5ca7f44e7316fd3f

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced