CD Burning

meddyuk 16:06 28 Oct 09

Ive downloaded an exe file from the Packard Bell website to update my motherboard.

When i open the exe file it goes to write a bootable cd, but then comes up with an error stating that it has had trouble trying to write to a cd and then closes. I think that this is because it is trying to use the default burning tool.

I have had previous problems using my LITE ON COMBO CD-RW where the drive would state that there is no disk in the drive. This was when i was trying to burn discs using XP.

I downloaded XPBurner and installed that and i can now burn cd's with no problem.

Is there a way that i can change the default settings to enable the computer to use a third party buning tool, such as XP Burner, or NERO, instead of using the default burning tool?

Meddy.

woodchip 16:12 28 Oct 09

Why are you wanting to Do a BIOS Flash Update? is it not running right?

woodchip 16:15 28 Oct 09

Why are you wanting to Do a BIOS Flash Update? is it not running right?

PS If the Files as been downloaded you can use NERO to burn the IMAGE start NERO look in Menu then choose burn IMAGE. This is not a ISO, its a Bootable Image it creates with the File You downloaded. But before using it I would think again if its running okay as you can kill your PC if its not done right

GaT7 17:33 28 Oct 09

"Why are you wanting to Do a BIOS Flash Update? is it not running right?"

woodchip, it's to do with a graphics installation problem mentioned in this thread click here. G

meddyuk 12:07 29 Oct 09

You download the exe file from the PB website. YOu have to open the exe file and then it performs its own CD burning, but its using the default burner as there is no choice to use NERO or XP.

See here:

click here

woodchip 13:10 29 Oct 09

exe is a self executable file if you double click it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac