cd burning

arnie30 11:54 03 Nov 08

Hi. Can anyone tell me the name of the process which involves extracting mp3 file directly from a cd (filled with mp3 albums)and creating an audio cd from them ie without first writing them to the hard disc. Nero seems to be the only software I can find that does this, usually you have to first copy the selected files to the hard disc then create from there. I am using a laptop with one optical drive so you can see why I require this.
Is there an alternative piece of software that can do this other than nero and one that can normalize all the songs.
Any help would be great.

DieSse 13:38 03 Nov 08

Ashampoo can generate from mp3s on a CD, and does normalisation.

Even better, the free version 6 does it too.

I've switched to Ashampoo from Nero currently, and it seems excellent for a free version.

click here

DieSse 13:40 03 Nov 08

"I am using a laptop with one optical drive so you can see why I require this."

Whatever you use will need to copy files to the hard drive first, as you clearly cannot have both the CD with the MP3 files, and the blank CD to write to, in the drive at the sane time.

arnie30 17:35 03 Nov 08

Hi I have tried ashampoo but it does not seem to work,I still have to first copy the files to my hard drive whereas with nero you do not.

eedcam 19:16 03 Nov 08

On the Fly burning and it can be fraught with problems alsoI think you can only do like to like as where would it convert from Mp3to Cd audio?

DieSse 19:26 03 Nov 08

I presume then, that Nero handles the copying to the hard drive automatically for you. Whatever, the files do have to go via the hard drive, as they must be stored somewhere when you take the MP3 CD out of the drive.

When you say Ashampoo "does not seem to work" - what do you mean - what happens?

If Nero works - why not use that?

arnie30 20:28 03 Nov 08

Hi, when I say ashampoo does not work, what I mean is that it will work if I have the files stored elsewhere on my hd but not taken from a cd.
i will however continue with nero (even though its a bit )bloated
Many thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…