CD Burning

AndrewBebbington 18:10 15 Mar 07

I have just replaced my (broken!)CD Re-writer with a Samsung DVD/CD Re-writer. When I try to copy data to or from CDs my computer hangs. I can access commercially produced CDs with no problem.

I use Nero Premium 7 software, and I checked the switches at the back to ensure they were the same as the unit I removed. I have swapped drives before with no difficulty, so I don't have a clue what the problem is!

postie24 18:56 15 Mar 07

Is the drive a multi format?

AndrewBebbington 19:04 15 Mar 07

Yes.

postie24 19:09 15 Mar 07

Have you checked device manger for any exclamation marks against the drive?

AndrewBebbington 19:24 15 Mar 07

I have just checked - there are no exclamation marks, and device manager says the drive is working properly.

ICF 19:24 15 Mar 07

Model of new drive?

ICF 19:26 15 Mar 07

What were the symptoms of the old broken drive?

Could it be a problem with the cable or your motherboard IDE connector?

Have your tried another cable?

skidzy 19:29 15 Mar 07

Maybe the DMA settings have changed,try resetting click here

Have you by any chance removed Nero and reinstalled.

AndrewBebbington 19:48 15 Mar 07

The old drive was suffering from the tray being jammed open!

I have removed Nero & I intend to re-install. unfortunately my serial number has apparantly expired (I only bought the software a few months ago!) and I am waiting for a response from Nero. Until they eply I am stuck

SantasLittleHelper 20:03 15 Mar 07

Hi, I suggest you go to the Samsung website and download the firmware update program and any available updates for your drive.

skidzy 21:52 15 Mar 07

If you are trying to burn data to dvd without any burning software such as Nero,this will not work as windows cannot burn to dvd only cd...you need a burning package.
Something to try while you are waiting to hear from Nero (Deepburner) click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac