CD Burning

AndrewBebbington 18:10 15 Mar 07

I have just replaced my (broken!)CD Re-writer with a Samsung DVD/CD Re-writer. When I try to copy data to or from CDs my computer hangs. I can access commercially produced CDs with no problem.

I use Nero Premium 7 software, and I checked the switches at the back to ensure they were the same as the unit I removed. I have swapped drives before with no difficulty, so I don't have a clue what the problem is!

postie24 18:56 15 Mar 07

Is the drive a multi format?

AndrewBebbington 19:04 15 Mar 07

Yes.

postie24 19:09 15 Mar 07

Have you checked device manger for any exclamation marks against the drive?

AndrewBebbington 19:24 15 Mar 07

I have just checked - there are no exclamation marks, and device manager says the drive is working properly.

ICF 19:24 15 Mar 07

Model of new drive?

ICF 19:26 15 Mar 07

What were the symptoms of the old broken drive?

Could it be a problem with the cable or your motherboard IDE connector?

Have your tried another cable?

skidzy 19:29 15 Mar 07

Maybe the DMA settings have changed,try resetting click here

Have you by any chance removed Nero and reinstalled.

AndrewBebbington 19:48 15 Mar 07

The old drive was suffering from the tray being jammed open!

I have removed Nero & I intend to re-install. unfortunately my serial number has apparantly expired (I only bought the software a few months ago!) and I am waiting for a response from Nero. Until they eply I am stuck

SantasLittleHelper 20:03 15 Mar 07

Hi, I suggest you go to the Samsung website and download the firmware update program and any available updates for your drive.

skidzy 21:52 15 Mar 07

If you are trying to burn data to dvd without any burning software such as Nero,this will not work as windows cannot burn to dvd only cd...you need a burning package.
Something to try while you are waiting to hear from Nero (Deepburner) click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…