Cd Burning

sometime 20:03 10 May 06

I have about 60 family history documents which I want to burn to a cd in a particular order, when I drag and drop them into Nero in the order in which I want them after dragging a few of them they all start going haywire and cannot burn them in the order I want them any suggestions please.

Roger Atkins

Jak_1 20:10 10 May 06

How are the documents titled? An alphanumeric title for each might work ie familydoc.001, familydoc.002 etc.

pj123 21:33 10 May 06

There was a thread some time ago which addressed this problem. I was having the same problem.

I followed the advice in the thread and it worked a treat.

Unfortunately, I can't seems to find the original thread now. Maybe the Forum Member who posted the solution could point us in the right direction??

Wak 08:54 11 May 06

If you place the number at the front of the title then programs should always put them in the correct order. ie. 001family.doc, 002family.doc, etc.

Simsy 20:04 11 May 06

that when you put data on a CD, there is no "order" to them as such...

What you can do is change the 2order" that the PC displays them in, e.g. by alphabetical title, by file size, by date created...

(This is not true of Audio CDs, where the tracks can be ordered)

Regards,

Simsy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…