CD BURNING?

Bonzy 16:15 09 Dec 03

I have a CDRW drive installed on my pc. I want to copy the entire hdd(C:) onto a cdrw media. How do I do it?
Secondly, the clock on my pc is always ahead of time by far. How do I keep the time correct always?
Thanks, folks.

ext3 16:20 09 Dec 03

Double click on the clock in the taskbar and you can edit it there.

Your entire HDD won't fit on a cd-rw disk. Do you mean backup just your documents etc, or do you actually mean the entire disk, including all partitions, and all system files?

Salinger 16:24 09 Dec 03

Might fit on a DVD if it is possible and you have a DVD Burner. I don't know if it is possible though.

Socalled 16:29 09 Dec 03

I Would advise that you shy away from using re-writable CD media, you will find lots of back software (free) here

click here

ext3 16:46 09 Dec 03

Socalled, can I ask why you advise to shy away from using cd-rw media?

Socalled 16:57 09 Dec 03

Yes m8,re-writable cd's are reknown for loosing data after a period,better of using cd-r.

Socalled 17:12 09 Dec 03
  Gaz 25 17:12 09 Dec 03

Use click here Drive Image 7 and burn them to serveral discs if you want to back up your whole partition.

You may also use DVD-Rs for this.

Stuartli 17:16 09 Dec 03

The problem with CD-RWs in comparison to CD-R media is that their disk surface's reflectivity level is very much lower and many CD/DVD-ROM drives' lasers have difficulties reading them.

In addition, maximum write speeds are very much lower than for CD-Rs, now in speeds of up to 52x; however, it is always wise to write to CD-Rs at at least one speed slower than your rewriter's maximum.

For example 24x if you have a maximum CD-R write speed of 32x or 16x if you have a 24x write maximum.

Bonzy 09:09 10 Dec 03

Thanks to you all for your various responses.
Now to ext3 - yes, I want to backup all my documents and possibly my programs too. Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…