CD Burner

aboutit 13:35 25 Jun 04

I have an Intel Celereon 2.3GHZ with 80GB HD and 512 MB ram. When I bought this computer it had a cd writer already installed by the manufacturer and I had this taken out and a DVD writer put in its place. What I am wondering is could I use the original internal cd writer externally as an additional cd writer and if so what would I need to to convert it . I am not very technically minded so simple solutions please

jonnytub 13:37 25 Jun 04

why can't you put both writers in you machine ?

aboutit 13:38 25 Jun 04

don`t know how to do it

don`t know how to do it

don`t know how to do it

aboutit 13:39 25 Jun 04

sorry about that don`t know how to do it and haven`t got another slot

stlucia 13:40 25 Jun 04

click here;jsessionid=1540dc1c79292cd/shopdata/index.shopscript should give you a few ideas.

But why not use it internally? If you currently have less than 4 IDE devices (hard disks, cd reader/writer, dvd reader/writer) you've probably got spare space and connections to simply plug it back inside your PC.

jonnytub 13:40 25 Jun 04

How many bays in your system are used and what is in these bays (slots)?

jonnytub 13:42 25 Jun 04

don't worry about not knowing how to do it, myself and other forum members are here to give you a walkthrough, step by step, should you so wish

jonnytub 13:44 25 Jun 04

dead link stlucia (repost?)

aboutit 13:50 25 Jun 04

I have a spare bay the book says and then I have to push out part of the front case of the base unit to accomodate the burner but it does look very complicated and I would have preferred to have connected externally if at all possible.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…