CD Britannica Concise Encyclopaedia

COLFY 16:48 21 Dec 04

Cd from PC Advisor for February has CD of Concise Britannica. Can anyone get it to load ? I get to end of Install Anywhere and then all freezes. Machine is Athlon XP 2600, 40Gb HDD. Running 2000 Professional with SP4. Any ideas please. Colfy

Gongoozler 16:59 21 Dec 04

Loaded and run with no problems, although loading took about 15 minutes.

Windows XP Pro, Duron 1600, 256M PC2100, ABIT Siluro MX400.

pj123 17:03 21 Dec 04

Going to try it now. Although my copy is the DVD version not the CD. Will let you know how I get on.

pj123 17:14 21 Dec 04

Yes, agree with you. It is absolutely useless.

Doesn't install at all.

This is one of the main reasons why I dont install magazine free disks anymore.

Gongoozler 17:21 21 Dec 04

Don't be too worried about not being able to install it, it's not that wonderful when you get there. I'd also forgotten that Encyclopaedia Britannica is American!

Stuartli 17:50 21 Dec 04

The free copy of Britannica I received when renewing my PC Advisor subscription earlier this year wouldn't load either.

Eventually it turned out that I had to download a Java update and after that it was plain sailing.

Unfortunately I haven't kept a copy of the two other possible reasons which it might not install....:-(

seedie 18:18 21 Dec 04

Do believe it's 7 day trial though haven't tried to load.

cd

TABBYCAT 19:14 21 Dec 04

You gets' wot u paye 4.
This was a free disc - need I say more?

thechuckymullet 09:00 11 May 05

i got free encyclopedia disc with magazine but dont know how to register it
any ideas

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…