CD being wrongly recognised

agostini 11:31 16 Jun 05

Hi im having a problem with a data CD .I have loads of files on a CD that i made a while ago. I think it was written with easy CD creator. It is now being recognised as a music CD can anyone help please. I am running windows ME.

Micro-Man 13:18 16 Jun 05

Funny, I had that the other day on a Win98 PC after changing the mobo/processor. I ended up reinstalling win98 over the top setting the bios to boot from cd. Cured the problem without having to re-install any of the other programs.

Joe R 13:20 16 Jun 05

agostini,

can you right click on the cd in my computer, and choose explore.?

agostini 13:48 16 Jun 05

Thanks Micro-Man if i have to i will re-install.

And thanks Joe R . No i cant right click on the cd in my computer, and choose explore.?

Yesterday the icon in my computer came-up as audio CD and kept going to windows media player and that was telling me it was the wrong file type and did i want to try anyway.

today its tring to spin-up in the drives but i get nothing. if i try to right click it either freezes until i eject or it tells me to insert a disk in drive.

as i said at first this cd was written with easy CD but now i am using Nero could this have anything to do with it and if so what can i do to get my files back? they are quite important.

Thanks again AGOSTINI

Never again 13:56 16 Jun 05

Stop autoplay by holding down the shift button when you insert the cd.

Then browse or open the cd to veiw the files.

If you then hold down the ctrl key and right click a file it gives you an option to "open with". select this and a list of programs will appear for you to choose to open your files.

Joe R 13:58 16 Jun 05

agostini,
is it possible the cd has been written by ECDC, but never been closed.?

agostini 14:20 16 Jun 05

Joe R. Yes is it possible the cd has been written by ECDC, but never been closed.? if what can i do about that?

Never again.tried that but just keeps asking for CD to be inserted into drive F.

Thanks AGOSTINI

Joe R 14:31 16 Jun 05

agostino,

this link may help you.

click here

agostini 14:42 16 Jun 05

Joe R. Thanks very much,It looks very interesting i will print it off and have a close read.

Again many thanks. I will post later.

AGOSTINI

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…