cd back-up faulty tracks

denboe 14:16 08 Dec 07

When attempting to back-up non copyright music, the last two tracks have breaks in the music followed by wah..wah...wah......
This happened using a Pioneer 122 dvd writer.
Thinking I had a faulty unit, I replaced it with a Samsung SH-203. This new unit is doing more or less the same, with breaks in the music followed by wah..wah...wah.....
Dvd back-up can't be faulted on either unit.
I am thinking there must be something wrong with my P.C. as both unit giving the same fault is unlikely.
The faults come on at the latter-end of the backing-up, tracks up to then are spot-on.
I am using xp. nero7 with verbatim discs.
Tried different make of discs, same result.
Any help would be appreciated.

Kemistri 18:04 08 Dec 07

You omitted one bit of useful info that might well be relevant - whether you were making a standard data CD that happened to contain only music files or a music CD for use in compatible devices.

Kemistri 21:15 08 Dec 07

?

denboe 10:59 09 Dec 07

I am trying to make a cd to be played on cd players ie: in the car and hi-fi.

Kemistri 13:26 09 Dec 07

Right; what result do you get when you use WMP to do it? Or other media software?

denboe 17:53 09 Dec 07

I have tried Nero 7 and cd burner xp.
Haven't tried any other software.
Most of the copied tracks are fine, no problem.
It is towards the last tracks of the cd that I experience breaks in the music and distortion, probably for about ten seconds on each track.
On one cd. the next to the last track started to break-up three quarters of the way through and just continued with a continuous wha-wha-wha... which would have gone on for ever, had I not stopped it. It would not continue on to the last track at all, unless I selected it manually, on play-back.

Kemistri 18:20 09 Dec 07

When you look at the media device's counter, is the track evidently stuck (as it can do if it hits a bad scratch or mark) or does the counter continue to run normally? I am not looking for a scratch or mark here, of course - I am looking for the kind of data recording error that will prompt the same behaviour from a domestic CD player.

Have you attempted to reduce your burning speed?

denboe 19:02 09 Dec 07

The counter carries-on as normal when the music track is breaking-up.
I have tried different burning speeds, never more than half the blank disc speed.

Kemistri 20:48 09 Dec 07

OK, that narrows down the kind of write error that could be at fault. It proves that, whatever the data is, it can still be read.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac