CD Autorun/Autoplay Doesn't Work

Narayan Adhikari 21:02 28 Mar 05

I have recently lost the windows default CD Autorun/Autoplay feature. All data, music and video CDs/DVDs used to start accordingly or used to asks for the action to be done. Now all the cds/dvds just opens in windows folder window. One friend suggested to use Microsoft's Autofix program, I tried but didn't work. Can anybody help.

Jackcoms 21:09 28 Mar 05

Go to My Computer and right click on the appropriate drive (CD, DVD, etc).

Click Properties, AutoPlay.

Select the appropriate media and action to perform. Apply; OK

Narayan Adhikari 21:29 28 Mar 05

Thanks Jackcoms,

I had already tried this before posting this problem, both by assigning particular application to particular cd/dvd types as well as restoring defaults for all cd/dvd types. But it still doesn't work!

Jackcoms 21:31 28 Mar 05

Try System Restore

JonnyTub 21:31 28 Mar 05
  Narayan Adhikari 22:24 28 Mar 05

I tried to restore the system, but my restore points was stored only for two weeks, my problem started almost a month ago, that's why it doesn't work either. I think there is no solution for this particular problem now!!!

JonnyTub 23:14 28 Mar 05

have you tried my link ?

Narayan Adhikari 07:53 29 Mar 05

I have already tried autofix from Microsoft. But still didn't work.

grabster 09:00 29 Mar 05

try this ... AutoPlay Repair Tool ...number 234 on the right click here save it and run it.

JayDay 09:22 29 Mar 05

That's the MS AutoFix tool. Same as JonnyTub's link. I have same problem but only with autorun for blank CDR's. I have set it up to start Nero StartSmart but when I insert a blank disk nothing happens.

Storik 10:06 29 Mar 05

I solved it by the following,

Went into my computer, found the DVD/DVRW drives and right clicked on them.

Clicked on properties, and then autoplay. Then I played with various choices until I got it to work. Not very helpful, but can't remember exactly what I did - except with the choice of music files. Never mind, this might help.

Storik

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…