cd autorun & dvd burning problem

Addie 20:05 01 Sep 05

I have a MESH PC running Windows XP service pack 2. Installed was Pinnacle Instant CD+DVD which I used to burn a DVD comprising of my holiday photos. Everything seemed to go alright except when I tried to play the DVD back on the computer as it paused at a certain point, refusing to continue as if it was stuck on a given photo. I used control+alt+delete to exit as the program was now frozen, but on trying to play the DVD again it froze at the same point and an error message flicked onto the screen I didn’t however manage to write the information down before it vanished again.

Since this message, I find that any software or music CDs put into the drive will not automatically start up, only being accessed by My Computer and clicking on the drive etc. I take it that something has become disabled somewhere but I don’t know what or where to find it. Has anyone any suggestions as to how I can rectify the system so that my CDs will automatically start up once more?

PS – I tried the errant DVD on the TV/DVD player and at the same point that the PC froze, there was a kind of hiccup and a lot of static and, although the TV continued where the PC gave up, there were several other points during the DVD also suffering from the static hiccups. As this shows a problem throughout the created DVD, do you think I will encounter such problems again using Instant CD+DVD, or do you suspect a faulty DVD in the first place? I was using a Maxell DVD-R single-sided disc. I have tried contacting Pinnacle for advice but have heard nothing from them and I couldn’t just see anything on Microsoft’s site that may cover the problem.

Any assistance would be gratefully accepted.

Carpigiani 20:13 01 Sep 05

Have you tried system restore.

Or right click the drive in 'My Computer'

Select Properties/Autoplay & set it up as you want.

VoG II 20:15 01 Sep 05

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…