CCTV Recording

tarmac 10:56 28 Oct 07

Hi,

I am going away for a week in march next year, and I am a bit worried about the security of my home. I would like to have a mini CCTV camera at the front so as to check if everything is alright. Does anyone know of where they sell CCTV cameras that will keep recording for the full week. If so, how much might they be?

Thx
Tarmac

johnnyrocker 10:59 28 Oct 07

click here it is the recorder not camera that you need to use for a week.

johnny.

stlucia 12:09 28 Oct 07

I've been wondering about the same thing, but don't want to leave a PC or video recorder running 24/7 while I'm away. Seems to me a motion-detecting camera, which will only record if there's an intruder, would be a better way of going about things.

A quick Google found this click here , and I'm sure there's plenty more along the same lines. Problem is, whatever you use, you can't be sure they intruders won't nick it to remove the evidence ;-(

I have read in the past of a video system that will call you on your mobile if it detects intruders. Maybe that's the answer.

stlucia 12:15 28 Oct 07

... or have a look at this site click here

It motion-detects so, if it's working properly, you won't need a massive HDD.

johnnyrocker 14:07 28 Oct 07

I have read in the past of a video system that will call you on your mobile if it detects intruders. Maybe that's the answer.

and that will allow you to do what from where you are?

johnny.

Stuartli 15:30 28 Oct 07

This Maplins equipment might prove the answer to your query:

click here

Stuartli 15:32 28 Oct 07

Wireless CCTV camera to go with it?

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…