cctv camera

werzal 19:59 10 Oct 06

ive just bought a cctv camera for my home.
i dont know the names of the connections but they are like the ones in the front of your telly.
where can i find a connection and software to put in my computer so it records when somthing happens

De Marcus™ 20:17 10 Oct 06

Do you mean phono plugs? Like click here

De Marcus™ 20:18 10 Oct 06

Or s-video like click here

werzal 20:19 10 Oct 06

yes, thats theones

werzal 20:20 10 Oct 06

sorry, the phono plugs

De Marcus™ 20:27 10 Oct 06

click here

click here

click here

Your going to have to do your homework. There is plenty of software out there that will detect motion and begin recording, but that's through a USB webcam. I imagine there will be a utility out there that will allow you to motion detect (and record) through phono plugs (more hardware required for that I'm afraid) but it won't be free or cheap.

Technotiger 20:51 10 Oct 06

Hi, for less than £17

click here

Cheers

De Marcus™ 21:06 10 Oct 06

It's the hardware that will confuse things, camwizard (as i linked to previously) will do all that is required but will it work through hardware that allows phono connections?

Camwizard has a hardware capture selection choice but my main concern is will it detect a camera connected via phono? If it does, fab, if it don't, that's a shame as it looks like a good buy for the job in hand.

Technotiger 21:10 10 Oct 06

Phono to mini-jack leads are easily available, any decent video/graphics card will have line-in mini-jack socket.

Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac