CCNA jobs help

han.net 15:18 24 Oct 09

HI there

I would like your kind help and advice if possible please regrding IT jobs in general and CCNA jobs in peticular.

I was one of Cisco Networking Academy students and just passed my CCNA exam from my first attempt scoring 902 /1000. I was a head of my class and managed to get scores over 90% all the time which entitled me for a 60 % discount voucher at the end .

I have the A+ certificate already in addition to some work experience in IT for about a year . Additionally , I am currently providing IT support for a charity as volunteer and thats on top of my paid job as assistant manager in retail .

I would like anybody's help or advice on what to do to get a job in IT as this is my target that I have been striving to achieve .

Many thanks

Hani

Tech Guy 13:15 25 Oct 09

The only job you'll likely to get is some sort of desktop support or a helpdesk role.

see thread: click here

han.net 13:28 25 Oct 09

Hi
Does that mean , I should not think of even getting a job in Networking related to my CCNA ?

Is it worth it to try to find work experience for the CCNA ? and where ?

Do you know anythink about those companies who provide IT training and get you a job at thre end ? are they real ?

I hope I am not overwhelming you with theses ?

Many thanks

Hani

Tech Guy 11:21 26 Oct 09

You can try but being realistic you will not get an engineers job just with a CCNA - trust me I know.

Goto click here and ask the same question there. We are a very helpful bunch of guys/gals. This is the forum that helped me with my CCNA and still does with my CCVP.

You can get a helpdesk job and ask if you can shadow the engineers on your day off - this is what I did.

The companies that promise work, just promise work and not a local well paid job. They fulfill thier promise by offering low wages, for any IT job and usually not local either.

han.net 16:25 26 Oct 09

Many thanks for your advice and for the forum link . I appreciate it very much

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now