CCleaner V 1.34.407

rawprawn 07:47 20 Oct 06

Now available click here I hope this is not part of rdave13 thread

Sethhaniel 08:25 20 Oct 06

G'day Bruce

Grabbed it while it was hot
;)

rawprawn 08:44 20 Oct 06

Just a question, when I downloaded and tried to install both yesterdays and todays versions, my AV (F-Secure)flagged up malware and I had to disable it to install. That has never happened before, has anyone else had that problem.
I then scanned after installation and all was OK.

Sethhaniel 09:09 20 Oct 06

I installed 7.5 yesterday -but it flagged up straight away that I had an old version of Roxio CD &DVD that had a bug that would disrupt AVG7.5
and that I should gott to Roxio for an upgrade - I ignored the warning and installed and hopefully everything OK

Have ween on both the Roxio site (no mention of AVG) and the AVG site (no mention of Roxio)

may be a few false alarms

I first downloaded 7.5 last week which did not work at all and AVG withdrew the download page
so must have had some last minute flaws - which may as yet be unresolved ;)

rawprawn 09:16 20 Oct 06

Are we talking about the same thing? I am talking CCleaner V 1.34.407 , you seem to be talking about AVG 7.5

Sethhaniel 09:22 20 Oct 06

sorry trying to have conversation with workmate at same time on the other topic and your mention of AV threw me

-
yep got CCleaner Ta

rômanab 09:49 20 Oct 06

Yep, same thing here too.

Just installing it now and F-Secure is telling me that ccleaner is 'Win32.Trojandownloader.zlob'

Strange that it doesn't complain when I scan the install file.

rawprawn 10:05 20 Oct 06

Yes it's really strange that it only occurs during installation, and not before or after. Maybe it is peculiar to F- Secure. This is the first false warning F-Secure has ever given.

rômanab 10:06 20 Oct 06

Same here.

rawprawn 10:17 20 Oct 06

I think it may be protection against the Yahoo Tool Bar

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:26 20 Oct 06

Downloaded, Scanned Installed without the Yahoo toolbar and scanned again using Avast Ewido Adaware and defender.

All 4 comming up clean both times.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…