CCleaner and system restore

Sea Urchin 19:28 17 Nov 10
Answered

Has anyone else noticed that since the last two or three updates CCleaner no longer shows the system restore points under the Tools menu. Found some info on Google with others experiencing the same, but no solution.

Of course it's not really a problem as they still all appear on the Windows System Restore window, but it was a useful way to clear old restore points very easily.

tullie 19:33 17 Nov 10

Mine still shows

northumbria61 19:42 17 Nov 10

It is still there on mine after latest update.

VCR97 20:04 17 Nov 10

Still there but CCleaner won't remove any restore points. (Can't find Framedyn.dll) Suggests re-installing, which I'll try later.

iscanut2 20:10 17 Nov 10

I have latest version of CC and System restore shows together with all saved restore points.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:47 17 Nov 10

No problems here, just used it to remove all but 2 restore points.

Sea Urchin 21:28 17 Nov 10

Thanks for all the replies - I am clearly in the minority :@)

I removed CCleaner completely, and then reinstalled, but still the same problem. I guess it must be a conflict with some other program I have installed, but which I don't know.

Sea Urchin 21:56 17 Nov 10

I thought this might have provided the solution in the last posting, but sadly it has made no difference.

click here

Sea Urchin 20:54 04 Dec 10
Answer

It turned out to be a problem with WMI - a Windows Reapair sorted it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…