CCleaner removes logins after years of use

compumac 09 Nov 13

I have been using CCleaner for years and never modified the setup and suddenly I find that after running CCleaner I have to log into every website. What can have changed without my knowledge?

spuds 09 Nov 13

I have also used CCleaner for many years, and you may find the answer to your question, is that CCleaner removes cookies?.

compumac 09 Nov 13

spuds

I have not changed anything. Cookies are not selected.

spuds 09 Nov 13

compumac-Not saying that it applies in your case, but it might be worth a read click here

Forum Editor 09 Nov 13

By default Ccleaner removes all of the cookies that have been set in all of your installed browsers.

If you want certain cookies to be ignored, click on the options icon and then the 'Cookies' button. Now you can select which cookies you want to Ccleaner to leave alone.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message