ccleaner registry clean query

gel 09:29 07 Jun 09

Hello
I have just run ccleaner registry clean for the first time on a computer which is 8 years old.
I began by fixing a restore point.
I used the back up as suggested whilst running the registry clean up and I now have 3 files relating to this in 'My Documents'
How will I recognize that something is amiss
and if something goes amiss will I be able to restore by just using my restore point prior to the clean up?
I performed this task in fear but all seems well at present
Thank you
gel

Kevscar1 09:37 07 Jun 09

Used CC for years always done the backup but never needed it.
If everything is going oK don't worry about it.
If something does go wrog,(very unlikly) just openn cc and use the backup to change everything back.

gel 09:44 07 Jun 09

Thanks Kevscar
That's put my mind at rest.
How frequently should I do a registry clean up and on the next occasion will the 'back up' replace the present 'back up'?
Thank you
gel

GANDALF <|:-)> 09:57 07 Jun 09

I have used and put Ccleaner on many computers and have never used the backup nor do I know anyone who has ever used the backup. Use the reg. cleaner once a month. Forget the backup you will never need it.

G

gel 10:00 07 Jun 09

Thank you both
My mind is completely at rest
gel
matter resolved Cheers

Kevscar1 11:25 07 Jun 09

GANDALF

Ouch famous last words.

Sea Urchin 11:53 07 Jun 09

"If something does go wrog,(very unlikly) just openn cc and use the backup to change everything back".

In fact if you did need to restore from the backup just open My Documents and double-click on the appropriate backup file which will restore it.

"and on the next occasion will the 'back up' replace the present 'back up'?"

No, you will get a list of backup files. Each one has the date it was created, so you can just delete the earlier ones as you go.

Andsome 11:56 07 Jun 09

I always take a back up but I too have NEVER needed it. This is a first class tool as far as I am concerned. I keep the last few back ups, and delete the back ups when the computer has run Ok for an hour or two, after the last one. I usually allow up to four or five to accumulate before this deletion.

gel 07:15 08 Jun 09

Thank you all very much for your comments although I had posted the matter resolved.
I am also sure that all the comments will most likely be helpful to other forum members since registry clean up is often considered a dangerous area
Thank you
gel

mooly 08:16 08 Jun 09

Does it run any quicker :)
An eight year old PC is an ideal test I would have thought. Can you notice any improvement ?

gel 15:41 08 Jun 09

Yes mooly it does appear quicker and it certainly took out a lot of garbage(I presume) it was frightening but I was spurred on with confidence from this forum and all seems to be working well
gel

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple