CCleaner Registry

User-394903 15:42 09 Nov 07

Hello,
I run CCleaner on a regular basis but have never run the Registry part of it because I am not sure what to expect.

When the Regisry icon is clicked, the 12 boxes under Regisry Integrity are checked. Clicking the Scan for Issues button shows that there are 361 issues. The issues are 20 Missing Shared Dll's, 71

skidzy 15:48 09 Nov 07

Probably just remenants from uninstalling some software,it will be fine ...just create the backup when prompted.
save this to a location such as MY Docs.

If you did have a problem,just restore the backup.

Ccleaner is normally very safe to use.

rdave13 15:52 09 Nov 07

Ccleaner allows you to make a back-up of the registry prior to cleaning. Can be found in 'my documents' under a registry icon and starts cc-, and numbers. If you decide to clean the registry then click 'yes' to make the back-up. I've used the reg cleaner for quite a while with no problems.

crosstrainer 15:55 09 Nov 07

Very user friendly cleaning tool, if you have that many errors, I suggest you clean them up, but as posted by skidzy and rdave13, make the backup first in case you have issues after the clean.

User-394903 15:59 09 Nov 07

...sorry about that...71 Unused File Extension, 92 Activex and Class Issues. 5 Applications,5 Application Paths, 5 Help File Issues, 102 Uninstaller Issues, 12 Obsolete Software, 51 Start Nenu Ordering. All figures are approx.
Which of the named issues is it safe to clean up?
Thank you.

User-394903 16:03 09 Nov 07

Thank you guys for all the info. Will do that and see what happens.

User-394903 16:32 09 Nov 07

Checked box and clicked resolved. It's agreat site this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…