CCLEANER problem

novis 17:34 08 Apr 09

When I run CCleaner to wipe the free space the process doesn't end. I'm told that 100 of the space has been wiped but the programme continues running with the top telling me 97% has been cleaned.

Anyone have any idea of the problem - and how to resolve it?

Or recommend a reliable free space cleaner.

rawprawn 17:35 08 Apr 09

Wipe Free Space, use Eraser
click here

Sea Urchin 18:53 08 Apr 09

History repeats itself

click here

FatboySlim71 22:59 08 Apr 09

Have your tried leaving CCleaner running a bit longer? has it can take a bit of time to clear everything if you have a lot of crap. I have used CCleaner for years and it has worked flawlessly.

In the mean time could you run CCleaner, and look at my below picture links and tell me if you have your CCleaner set up the same way, i.e. Which boxes do you have ticked for the various things that are applicable to you. If any of your settings (boxes that are ticked or unticked) then it might be worth you setting your CCleaner to the same has mine and then giving it another try and see if it helps matters.

click here

click here

tullie 23:01 08 Apr 09

Just run ccleaner in default settings

Sea Urchin 23:36 08 Apr 09

I think novis is referring to using CCleaner to wipe the free space on drives

click here

but I may be wrong.

rawprawn 08:19 09 Apr 09

Try CCleaner Forum click here but I still think Eraser is a far better bet to wipe free space.

rawprawn 08:21 09 Apr 09

G'day Sea Urchin, I agree with you. I have tried it but I wasn't that impressed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…