CCleaner Frree or paid for version?

compumac 16:53 PM 26 Jun 12

I have been using CCleaner (free version) for many years and because I relied on it for all of that time feel that I should upgrade to the paid-for version.

What are the benefits of upgrading CCleaner?

Sea Urchin 17:12 PM 26 Jun 12

The program is exactly the same - but you can get technical support for the program with the Pro version.

john bunyan 17:28 PM 26 Jun 12

I have used it for years in the free version and much appreciate it. For now I am staying with the free version. Together with free versions of Spywareblaster, Avira (Anti virus), SAS and MBAM and the W7 firewall I have had no problems for years, whereas I caught a virus in the days I had a paid for package!

compumac 17:46 PM 26 Jun 12

Sea Urchin

That is how I read it, - support with the paid for version. I just thought that I might have missed something else.

Sea Urchin 17:55 PM 26 Jun 12

There is also a Piriform Support Forum which can of course be used whichever version of CCleaner you are using - plus of course this PCA forum

Piriform Forum

birdface 18:04 PM 26 Jun 12

Tune up utilities is very cheap and comes bundled with Avast.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Vaio Z Canvas release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro rival but for the US

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Steve Albini's notorious email is now a punchy music video

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…